Head deep into the High Atlas Mountains on a full-day trip to the tree valleys from Marrakech, Slip between towering peaks, and descend into Ourika Valley, The first stop is near the beautiful Lalla Takerkoust lake, that’s used to save water coming down from the melting snow on the Atlas Mountains peaks, a great mixture of colors from the lake water to the white snow on Atlas summits. Then continue driving higher in the Atlas Mountains, arrive at Kik plateau the place with a gorgeous view, meet the Berber people by visiting their house, and having a cup of mint tea, the location is amazing for pictures.
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the valleys along the stream.
- Cross Kik plateau with its mud-brick humble Berber houses.
- Meet shepherds waving at you with smiling faces.
- Visit Berber houses and sip a cup of mint tea.
- Hike from Siti Fatima village to the waterfalls.
|DEPARTURE TIME||08:00 AM|
|RETURN TIME:||Approximately 06:00 PM|
- Pick up and drop off at a location of your choice in Marrakech
- A / C modern vehicle or 4×4
- English / French speaking driver/guide
- 30 minutes camel ride
- Mint tea, homemade bread, and olive oil at a Berber house
- 1-hour hike to the waterfalls with a local experienced guide
- Lunch & beverages
- Personal expenses
It is important to know
- Kindly note that the minibus takes 4 adults comfortably, but can fit up to 7.
- One-hour hike to the waterfalls is optional and can be skipped if you wish.
- During the winter season and early spring, it might be cold in the Atlas Mountains during the day, please be prepared and don’t forget warm jackets
- Sandals and flip-flops are not recommended for this tour.
- Ladies are advised to dress moderately during this trip. Berbers are conservative people.
- Camel ride requires trousers or long shorts, or skirts
- Do not forget a hat, sunscreen, wet napkins, and sunglasses. They will be very useful during your day trip to the Atlas Mountains.
Alina Sorana Petica –
I booked this last minute and it was great overall and it was money well spent, the tour was led by a guy called Abdou who was very good at explaining everything and was very attentive.
The tour started with a camel ride that took 20 minutes with the chance to take photos, we managed to catch the one day of the week when the market was open and we walked around the market before continuing our journey to the valleys. We had to hike a bit before we got to the waterfall.
The lunch provided was delicious as well. Overall the tour package was great and I would recommend it to anyone.